Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tomorrow it all Begins

Tomorrow morning will be my first official day as a teacher.  My five years of post-secondary education has said to prepare me for this, but I do have to admit that I am still kind of worried.  Although tomorrow is a training day, school does not start until Wednesday, I am a bit unsure on what to expect.

I am looking forward to this new adventure, but there will be a lot of "firsts" tomorrow.  Firstly, this will be the first time I will be taking the bus to the school I will be working at and the first time I will be relying on the bus to get me there.  This will be the first time I will be an official teacher, and the first time I will be preping for the school year ahead of me. 

My nervousness won't keep me up tonight, but is always in the back of my mind.   Teacher's college and my practicum experiences (including Co-op throughout my ugrad) has provided me with the experiences for being in the classroom, not so much starting and intially creating the classroom rules and boundaries.  It is my responsibility to go into the classroom and ensure that it is a safe and positive place for all students to learn.  Am I up for the challenge?  Of course - I figure that the first class or so may be difficult, but after the first few classes I will be an old pro at it.

For the bus I can either get the 7:30am bus or the 8:00am bus.  The earlier bus allows me to be at my school for 8:00am whereas the latter brings me to work at 8:25pm.  As I am required to be there for 8:30am tomorrow morning, I think I will play it safe and catch the earlier bus - bringing a book or something with me to pass the time.

Overall, tomorrow will be an interesting day - a day I am definitely looking forward to.  Tomorrow I will officially be a teacher, preping for my first classes and setting up my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment